– IMPORTANT: Temporary Import of Firearms into USA
As you will be aware the US Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has recently introduced (on 19th February 2002) changes to import procedures for personal firearms for non-immigrant aliens. All non-immigrant aliens wishing to temporarily import firearms into the US now require an AFT 6 form.
This can take 6-12 weeks. The application form must be in triplicate. Applications by fax will be accepted.
The following requirements must be adhered to
1. If a person or company is attending a recognised Trade Show, proof of registration at that show is required.
2. If a person is competing at a Target Shooting event an invitation/registration for that event is required.
3. Personal importation for hunting purposes requires a current valid hunting licence issued by a State in the US.
4. The AFT 6 Application Form is available online at
OR from the BATF in Washington
Tel 001 202 927 8320Fax 001 202 927 7488
The form is valid for one year from issue but, at present is a single entry. On arrival in the US the AFT 6 form will be validated by Customs and the firearms are required to be re-exported when the importer leaves the US.
21 March 2002
IMPORTANT: Temporary Import of Firearms into USA
As you will be aware the US Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has recently introduced (on 19th February 2002) chang....